Every small town or a neighbourhood needs a place where people can come for a meal and some relaxation. If things are done right, your restaurant could be the exact thing they always wanted. We bring your a guide on small town restaurant ideas that help you achieve just that.
Small Town Restaurant Ideas – 7 Quick Tips
Let’s begin by first going over a few restaurant concepts that work, as they have been tried by many businesses so far.
1) Do not overly change a system that works – a working system is more often than not constructed in a particular way with reason. Change this too leniently and you might disrupt it.
2) Introduce some healthy menu items – ever thought of smoothies? Fruit based products seem to sell much, especially among health conscious individuals and teenagers.
3) Advertising locally is wasting money – if your business is located in a more remote neighbourhood, your neighbours already know about it.
4) Menu specials – integrate different products together at a small discount. Customers often like this sort of deals, and it motivates them to spend more at your place.
5) Happy hours – every day, between this hour and that hour, advertise a big discount in drinks. This might sway your competitors’ customers to your place. Many small town restaurant ideas do this.
6) Children’s loyalty programs – offer free meals or drinks to kids when they collect enough points or something similar.
7) Introduce gift tickets or cards – a great way to improve marketing since gifting such cards might be more appealing than gifting CDs that get thrown out in a month anyway. Think of this as a way to bring new customers in without much effort, albeit slowly.
These small town restaurant ideas are time tested and are guaranteed to help your business stand out. Which brings us to the following:
Stand out with your small town restaurant ideas
This is one of my greatest quarrels with any businesses.
You need pull off something that will make your potential customers that you have targeted with care through experience and skill, leave their house and come spend money in your restaurant rather than the restaurants of your competitors. Ruminate restaurant ideas for business.
Don’t try to satisfy all sorts of people. You have to amaze within the category you chose, be it Italian, seafood or Mexican. A Singaporean street restaurant has been awarded a Michelin star despite their customers often waiting hours before being served just because his few ordinary dishes are perfect. This proves that a low budget restaurant design can also work wonders.
These small town restaurant ideas are often very simple and cheap to implement, some may even end up costing you less than what was implemented before them, and bring in more revenue as well.
Innovate with your dishes, offer something no other restaurant has thought of yet, introduce some unique restaurant ideas. These are the ideas that will go viral and people will go crazy about.
Take Away Model
If you’re located in a small town, all your daily tasks will either accompany hunger or bringing your own lunch. People are very interested in something different than that. If you offer them a great Take Away, your business might become a staple in everyone’s routine. A Take Away restaurant is one of the restaurant concepts ideas that definitely has a place in modern society. Small town restaurant ideas such as this one surely could transform the image of your restaurant you had in mind, but if they work, they might be just the thing you needed.
All some people want is literally a creative food service outlet where they can stop for a few minutes during their lunch break and pick up a tasty meal for a small price. An evening takeout service may motivate them to not make dinner and instead eat at your place, especially if it gives them a break from their children for a while. Do attempt to innovate in your small restaurant menu ideas, though.
Develop a great delivery service and people will never forget it.
Small town restaurant ideas – Social Media
No one roams the streets anymore in search of new restaurants, they find them on social media. Social media is your free form of marketing and if you can pull it off, suddenly everyone might know of your business and plan their evenings around the service you offer. With exponential increases in number of social media users, sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram might be your key way of reaching masses.